During summer I noticed that some of my plants like corn, tomatoes, raspberries etc. grow extremely slowly. I was not able to finish any of these plants by the end of the month even though I watered them every 24 hours.
I figured out that only my sleeping time counts as growth time for my plants. Staying awake does not contribute to their growth progress.
I want to explain it to you in screenshots:
1. I planted different plants. The second 2x3 field from the left has Beets and Peppercorns (each 5 days growth time). The last 3 fields on the right side have Wheat (4 days).
2. After 3 x 24 hours of sleep the Wheat is fully developed. So it should only take one more day for Beets and Pepper.
Now I stayed awake for one day in order to see whether the plants grow without sleep:
3. Even after waiting until 2PM (24hours) or 4PM (had to sleep one hour in between not to collaps automatically) the plants did not grow.
After this I noticed that I had turned off my Auto Save. So I turned it on and started a new run:
1. Same save file with the same fields.
2. I sleep until 12AM and wait until 2PM. And voilà, once the game auto-saves my plants are finished. It also worked with a different starting time.
HOWEVER turning on auto-save did NOT fix the growth problem for my recent saves (Summer 25+).
Other players say that reloading your save files might cause some sort of global growth delay. I reloaded my save files several times.
Yet some plants like turnips, potatoes or wheat gave me far more yields during the month than coffee (only 1time for the entire month) that has a similar (+1/2 days) re/growth time. But some players have problems with different plants or no problems at all.
I was playing without one of the available beta versions.